Since 1985, Pat Moore Foundation in Costa Mesa, California has been an addiction recovery community that specializes in alcohol and drug addiction treatment. It’s in the more than 25 years of experience; Pat Moore Foundation has seen the powerful addictive and destructive qualities of alcohol and drug abuse. We offer alcohol and drug treatment, as well as helpful insightful information on addiction, abuse and other trending topics.
Changes in Criminal Behavior
There is a well-established link between substance abuse and criminal behavior. Society spends huge amounts of money, time, and effort on this problem and urgently seeks information that will help alleviate it. NTIES adds important information to the literature which suggests that substance abuse treatment can play a major role in crime reduction. NTIES respondents reported significant decreases in multiple indicators of criminal involvement.
Table 2 compares criminal behavior and arrests for the entire NTIES sample during the 12-month period before and after treatment. The results show substantial reductions in criminal behavior and arrests after treatment:
- Selling drugs declined by 78 percent;
- Those who reported shoplifting declined by almost 82 percent;
- Before treatment, almost half the respondents reported "beating someone up." Following treatment that number declined to 11 percent; a 78 percent decrease;
- Changes in arrest rates were less striking than those in self-reported criminal behavior, but the 64 percent reduction in arrests for any crime was still dramatic; and
- The percentage who largely supported themselves through illegal activity dropped by nearly half - decreasing more than 48 percent.
Pat Moore Foundation's drug & alcohol detox and alcohol & drug addiction treatment programs are licensed and certified by The State of California. We provide non-medical and medically managed detoxification (using Suboxone, Subutex, and Buprenorphine when appropriate) and primary residential treatment. Our individual homes are on a unique co-ed campus where we offer gender specific treatment. We are located in Costa Mesa, in Orange County, Southern California, close to Newport Beach and Huntington Beach, and only an hour's drive from Los Angeles and San Diego. To speak with a counselor, please call us 24-hours at (888) 426-6086 or if you'd like us to contact you, send a confidential message online by filling out our online form.
Note: All medical services are administered by medical professionals, which are facilitated and operated solely under the jurisdiction of a separate medical corporation.